1| THE INQUIRY
Yay, you chose me…aww!!! So, after filling out the Custom Design Inquiry, you should receive an email from me to schedule a phone call or Skype session to discuss your needs.
- (Important) You will also receive a questionnaire regarding your design project needs. It is preferred that you fill out the questionnaire before our phone or Skype meeting so we can discuss your need and I can ask any questions regarding your design needs.
- This is also the time we will discuss price quotes, timeframes, and to see if we are a great fit! (I hope so!)
2| WELCOME PACKAGE
So, if we are a perfect fit…you will be receiving a Hello + Welcome Package from me! This will include a proposal of what I will be doing for you and what you will receive from me per our phone or Skype conversation.
- It will also include a description of costs and services and your design quote. And…it will also include a contract (legal jumbo) listing our terms and agreements.
- This will be the time to complete the invoice for payment to hold your spot in the queue. I will set up a shared google drive and Asana account. I use Asana to streamline the design process and this will be the first line of communication.
3| the waiting area
During this period, there is wait time until your design start date. This is when you do your homework to help me design your project.
- I recommend creating a secret Pinterest board full of ideas containing color schemes, style, fonts, layout and other inspiration to give me sense of what you need and want for your design. Remember to invite me to your secret board!
- (Important) Also make sure you have all of your content ready, your photos, and social network links up and running.
- This will also be the time to learn the platform your website will on if you are getting a new web design water it is Squarespace, wordpress, or Shopify.
4| THE CREATING
So we have arrived at your design START day! This is the step where I create a mood board based on your Pinterest board. I will then start creating logos or layouts based on your wants and needs for your project, I will send you samples to review to see if I am on the right track. Then we will keep revising until it is perfect for your brand! I will also create a shared dropbox/google drive so that your image files are always accessible. (Files will be purged after 3 months)
5| THE installation
This is the exciting part! I will then create your brand style guide which displays your final logo and alternative logos, your color scheme, font palette, and inspiration. We will then install your design into marketing materials and into your website. Remember your final payment will be due at this time.
6| THE farewell
We will go through your site and see what is missing and what we need to add. This will be the time to ask questions about your site. I will be sending you your own personal brand kit with all your brand images, layout, and links together able to show your brand to the world!
You must pay 25% of your package price to be included in the design queue.